The Veilstorm is Coming...
Veilstorms are more than simply bad weather days; these storms can bring both destructive power and chaotic change to the lands that they sweep across. A Veilstorm is the result of too much magic flowing from one side of the Veil into our world, and the most powerful storms can culminate into a Malevolence - like the ones that tore apart the old world leaving only the shattered remains.
Effects of Veilstorms
- Can be extremely varied.
- Devastated the world when the Veil was pierced.
- Winds, rain, and destructive magic.
- Not always pure destruction, but nobody welcomes their coming even with the occasional good fortune that can arise.
- The frequency of these storms has decreased over the years as “The Three” and their armies have stabilized small parts of the world.
- In gameplay, a Veilstorm may have an effect on spellcasters, such as changing the power of spell cast, altering its basic nature, harming the casters, and lots more.
Effects of a Malevolence
- The worst Veilstorms are called Malevolences
- Malevolences carry dark magic that can literally transform the world and its inhabitants, reshaping their form and reality
- They were more frequent during the Age of Becoming, and helped to create many of the races of the world in Camelot Unchained
- Most often, the Malevolences do not cause positive changes, sometimes turning it`s victims into mindless Abominations