Max Porter, amongst other things author of the Astari series of fantasy novels, was hired as full-time writer and editor by CSE as a result of successfully funded Stretch Goal [[Stretch_Goals&redirect=no#The_Writer_Cometh_-_Completed_6.2F13.2F14_-_.242.2C650.2C000|The Writer Cometh. "Max comes from a creative writing background heavily steeped in fantasy. His primary duty is to help Mark create the lore and world our players will be fighting for." 
Here is how "Meet the Team" page of Camelot Unchained site describes him:
Max Porter loves games of all kinds, from the tabletop to digital and beyond. He has a degree in creative writing from UCLA, and has written several fantasy and science fiction novels.
An accomplished Gamemaster, Max runs role-playing games for the office and creates whole worlds from scratch. He has worked with Norse, Celtic, and Arthurian myths as both a scholar and an author, and he tries to infuse game lore with their magic. "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." 
- Max was originally an intern before hired full time.
- Max is also a published author, publishing a young adult fantasy novel called Pandalai.
- Was behind the development of the Enter The Depths boardgame.
- His wife knitted the duck with sunglasses that often creeped into Beta1 Crunch Week livestreams.
- Max is known for coming up, and game-mastering the Gauntlet of Death pick-your-path game used during livestreams